Sunday, September 14, 2008

Teaching in Hawai'i

Well, so far I have been teaching for four weeks and in some subjects I still feel like I am floundering around. I am not sure if my expectations are too high or if I really don't know what I am doing! I hope it's the expectations-too-high problem.
The weather has been beautiful. I think it was the warmest that it has been on Friday. I think my students thought they were going to die of heat stroke! It was really warm.
I am trying some new ideas to see if I can motivate one of my classes to actually want to learn what they are supposed to. I hope they work.
One thing that is easy for me to forget in all my busyness is that I need to be seeking out the Lord in all that I do. I need to remind myself daily that unless the Lord builds the house, they labor in vain who build it. I guess sometimes I feel as though I am laboring in vain.

PS. The word Howlie in one of my previous posts, I just found out, is actually spelled Haole!!!

No comments: