Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I Hate Millipedes . . .

. . . and any other creepy-crawly that wants to climb into my bed!
True story. You know how when you get that "bugs-are-crawling-on-me" feeling and you reach down/up to scratch the spot and that usually takes care of it? Well, the other night I was happily sleeping away in my bed when something woke me up. I had that "bugs-are-crawling-on-me" feeling on my leg and shifted position to see if the itch would go away. It did not. So I reached down to scratch it when my hand closed over a millipede crawling up my leg - under my pajama pants! I don't think I went to sleep for the rest of the night! That is why I hate millipedes.
I guess in a place like Hawai'i there would have to be a downside. Bugs is definitely one of them!
Other than bugs though, my time here has been exciting and a blessing from the Lord. He is continually teaching me things that I thought I had already learned! Do you ever find yourself thinking that you've learned a particular lesson pretty well only to find out that you have only made a few scratches on the surface. That is me, here! I suppose that is one of the reasons for my exhaustion. I not only am teaching for the first time but God is teaching me new and deeper lessons on how He wants me to live my life.
I am so thankful for His faithfulness to me.

No comments: