Saturday, August 23, 2008

Teaching and Flexibility

I have now finished the first "week" of teaching on my own (it really was only two days!). I am having fun even though it is hard work to keep up with everything and I am learning all over again how to be flexible. I knew this from my other teaching experiences but I am having to learn it again! Especially when my plans don't fit the time slot! Actually that has not really proved to be a problem as of yet but I am sure I will have to face it sometime!
Where I am facing the flexibility issue the most is in a new class that I am teaching. Not only is it new for me - it is new for the school and I feel like I am finding my way in the dark. Everytime I think there might be light ahead it turns out that it is just another bend in the tunnel. I think that God is helping me to stay humble, that I might be a blessing to the nine kids in that class and that they might be a blessing to me. I have to remember that I am not the authority on the subject of praise and worship but I also want to challenge them to step out of their comfort zones, to explore new areas of worship. That means that I have to do the same.

No comments: