Monday, August 4, 2008

Now I am an Island Girl!

So...this is my first of (hopefully) many posts. I have always wanted to start a blog and let people know what I am doing and now I finally have the time and energy! Granted - it is 3:05 am but I couldn't sleep! I just moved to Hawai'i last Wednesday so my sense of time is still off a little.
It is beautiful down here and I think I am getting a bit of a tan! (Yaayyy!) I haven't been in the ocean yet but that will happen before very long. I am looking forward to my new teaching job and meeting all my students, although I think I will probably have met most of them before school actually starts! It's a small community atmosphere here.
Right now I am staying in the home of one of the school board members and three of their boys will be in some of my classes.
Classes? Oh right...you want to know what I'm teaching! No? Well I'm going to tell you anyway! I am teaching two eighth grade english classes, a lit and comp class, a ninth grade drama class, and a praise & worship class this semester. Sounds fun doesn't it? Actually I am very excited about it all!
Of course I will miss all the people I have left behind on The Mainland (that's what the people here call the lower 48) but I know that God is faithful and He will provide opportunities for friendships here.
So I am trusting in Him.

1 comment:

Sara Marie said...

Abby, I'm so excited for you! I hope all goes well down there in Hawaii! Take lots of pictures and put them on here and facebook. You can also find my blog on here too! I miss talking to you!
Sara